Wednesday, September 20, 2006

a contract, of sorts

This post is a little old, but I figured I'd post it here anyway.

I got a contract for publication on my first book, Runaway Swimmer. Why did that last sentence not have an exclamation point at the end, you might ask?

Check this place out:http://www.thereadersretreat.com/

They're an ebook publisher and completely legit. They pay 45% royalties and all that good stuff. But, they don't have a Google ranking to speak of, don't appear to be hooked up with Amazon, B&N, etc., and don't seem to have any good stats on sales and other marketing plans.

So, while it is encouraging to have a contract, I think I'll probably turn the tables and reject them.This feels weird, but I also have to consider that I have two different agents reviewing two different books right now and a print publisher is reviewing Runaway Swimmer.

So, there's still hope. There's always hope.

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Judy said...

That does sound a bit weird, and something I'm sure you never imagined would happen--having to reject a contract, that is.

You are very close to getting an agent for your book, so stay focus on that route. I think you made the right decision.

I wish the best!

Hey, how's the article business going? Have you written anymore?

It's good to be back online with the rest of the geeky writers out there---no offense!!!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger bigsip said...

Thanks, Yudelka! I'm so glad to see you back. I was beginning to worry that you'd left us.

The articles have slowed a bit since I've been very busy at work and I'll be teaching a college class soon and I'll be delivering the homecoming sermons at a congregation in my hometown. I'm busy!

I'll probably be back into writing articles, books, etc. sometime in November. Until then, it's survival time!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Judy said...

Survival time! So this is what you call it! I'm glad that's what it is. I began to think it was the opposite. A time where my writing was dying, and things had gone back to the old days--before my writing life began.

This is good news. I'm encouraged! Thanks!!!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger bigsip said...

You're welsome, Yudelka. It's easy to think you'll never get back to it after a hiatus, but you ALWAYS can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home